Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Buffalo

Today is my birthday. My husband forgot my birthday. Today is my birthday, my husband forgot my birthday, and I am bumming big time. He didn't really forget my birthday, he just forgot to mention it. Birthday's are a big deal to me. In fact, I start the count down at the beginning of the month. My husband teases me and calls it my birth-month, and he is right on by that. As a mom of two little girls I plan so many birthdays, Valentine's days, Earth days, Easter hunt days, Boxing days and all I am asking for is a little loving back! I just hosted a 'Going to Namibia' day party for a writer friend of mine who was heading down their for a trek/article vacay. You name the day...I can throw a bash for it, and believe me I am good. My husband wanted a Dodge-ball party for his 40th, and a dodge-ball party he got (see above pic). We had uniforms, wristbands, headbands, anthems, rules, trophies, fight songs, refreshing flasks of bourbon for half time. I even ref'ed ( 8.5 months pregnant!). I think that my husband feels a lot of pressure to live up to the birthday bar I have set. However, I also think he is just lazy. My birthday does not motivate him to act like good kayak day on the river day does. So here I sit on my birthday night steaming mad...and sad...and a little bit tipsy. I am nursing 1/2 a bottle of wine. Hey, it's my birthday and I am allowed to go a little crazy. Today is my birthday. My 2-year old toddler drew me a picture of a happy birthday buffalo. He looked happy with his big head, and blue polka-dot body. It made me happy. Today is my birthday, I have a birthday buffalo on my fridge, and I am not so sad anymore.
~Moms the Word

No comments: