Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Maizy and Bill - A kiss from a President


May 14th, 2008


Today Maizy and Bill met for the first time. Old Bill gave her a twinkle of his eye, and Maizy, like most women in the presence of such scallywag charm, fell for it hook, line, and sinker. What is it with politicians, and chubby babies? What is it with mom's wanting pics of politicians and chubby babies? After I handed my infant into the beckoning throngs chanting, "Bill hold the baby", another mother passed me her little fella waiting his turn for a presidential kiss. As Bill was canoodling with my Maizy, the little fella I was holding gave me a look of pure bewilderment. I whispered, " hang on little guy, the mommies are going a little crazy right now, but all will be back to normal soon", and with that I sent him forward to the king of all baby kissers, where the little guy promptly stuck his finger in the President's nose. Now that was funny! I am secretly envious that I don't have a picture of Maizy picking the President's nose. Upon receiving her son, (post nose pick), the excited mommy had to set her son down as her hands were shaking and it looked like a rally-swoon was on the horizon. I had heard that people were fainting en mass at Obama and Bill rallies, but now I was witnessing one first hand... Now that I am home, having forwarded politician/baby kissing pic to countless friends and family, I keep thinking in the back of my mommy brain..."Now when Maizy runs for president in 50 years she will have this picture to look back on." In all actuality, I am not sure I would want my girls to run for president, but it is nice to have the picture tucked away just in case they do. However, I still wish Maizy, all caught up in the heat of the moment, took her chubby, white baby finger and picked the President's nose...now that is a picture.

~Moms The Word

1 comment:

West Coast Island Gardener said...

I am Maizy's Auntie and I endorse this presidential picture